Thursday, February 28, 2008

Welcome Baby Faye

Over the course of the past two years I’ve spent a lot of time in Hawaii. The mystery of how such beauty can bubble up from the center of the Pacific ocean still amazes me. The God of the universe has a unique way to capture our attention! Last summer our youngest daughter informed us that she was having a baby. I was in Hawaii when I received the news. And now, bubbling up from Southern California (hardly the center of the Pacific ocean) has come our first grand daughter. I’d like to introduce you to Faye Marley Marth. She was born February 22 and weighed in at 5 lbs. 13 oz.

She’s as beautiful as an Hawaiian Island sunset and her connection to that idyllic paradise is cemented in history. Welcome Faye. You are loved and a gift from God to us. The writer of the Psalms says, “children are a gift of the LORD...Like arrows in the hand of a warrior, so are the children of one’s youth. How blessed is the man/woman whose quiver is full of them (Psalm 127:3-5). Chris and Lyndi are a bit tired right now but that is to be expected.

4 comments:

Dave Miles said...

Hi Lyndi,
Do you like what I said about Faye? She's as beautiful as an Hawaiian sunset, as graceful as a palm tree on a windy day. Good work.
Dad

AUNTY GLO said...

Hi Lyndi! Your baby is beautiful! Is Faye (love the name) bald like her grandpa? I'm dying to know. I just need another reason to tease your dad. He surfs with my husband Richard. Anyway, CONGRATULATIONS! Babies are such a blessing. Your life has just changed for the rest of your life. May you be the best mommy ever and please tell dad to get working. You'll need the diaper money. May I have a address so I can send a diaper check to you? I've had 3 and they are now 16,
18 and 20. I would love to send you a picture of them so you can see how big they get.
God bless Lyndi and just know that I will be praying for that precious gift and you. Please send more pictures of the whole family, ok?
Friends in Hawaii who love you all.
Gloria and Richard Moore

Barbara said...

Congratulations to the first of the cousins to be a grandparent!! We need to have another family reunion. I need a Miles family fix. :)
Barb

Dave Miles said...

Barb
Thanks for the comments.
dave